Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fun with the Fam

This weekend while Cam and my Dad went deer hunting, my mom and I headed down to southern Utah to meet up with my sister. She wanted someone to drive home with her because her husband had to stay in Vegas for a training.

Saturday we went swimming with the kids, shopping at the outlets, and then to the Tuachan play Aida. We also went to lunch on Saturday at the Brick Oven. When we left the restaurant we noticed on the receipt that our sweet waiter even gave my mom her first Senior discount!! (She's still got a few years until she qualifies!!)






Sunday we drove down to Arizona. We got stuck in some traffic where they are building the new bridge over Hoover Dam. The bridge is amazing and the pictures don't even do it justice!! Then we witnessed a beautiful desert sunset.


Once we got to her house I was able to relax, spend time with her and her kids, and enjoy the 93 degree weather! I also found the time to read Richard Paul Evan's latest book. It was a good read and definitely a tear jerker.


And then of course, my breath taking sunset when I flew out of arizona!!

2 comments:

Hilary and Brian said...

that sounds like so much fun! i wish we could go somewhere that is 90 degrees!

Kacie said...

Oh to enjoy warm weather again and go swimming! Looks like fun and your mom doesn't even look like a senior! I love the sky pictures and I'll have to check out his book I've read several of his but cry my eyes out so am hesitant to read any more :)