I have been taking a Wilton Cake decorating class at the JoAnns by us. I have played with piping and different tips, but have always wanted to take a class to learn technique! And I finally had a reason to by all the decorating tips and actually know what I am supposed to do with each one!!
The first week we mainly learned about making icing, preparing our supplies, and the nitty gritty stuff. Then, we practiced the basic star tip on some cookies....
Our second week we had to make a cake, tort it, ice it, and decorate it. I made a carrot cake and thought cream cheese frosting would be yummy. I found a recipe for Wilton Cream Cheese and thought it would work - it was pretty soft, so I had to make do with what I had.

This week we learned some different flower techniques, then practiced icing cupcakes! I was really excited to learn how to swirl cupcakes!! We also learned how to fill cupcakes. I probably could use some practice. When I finally cut into one of mine, it was pretty skimpy on the filling.





Next week we are making a another cake and learning to do the roses...we will see how they turn out!
The first week we mainly learned about making icing, preparing our supplies, and the nitty gritty stuff. Then, we practiced the basic star tip on some cookies....
Our second week we had to make a cake, tort it, ice it, and decorate it. I made a carrot cake and thought cream cheese frosting would be yummy. I found a recipe for Wilton Cream Cheese and thought it would work - it was pretty soft, so I had to make do with what I had.
This week we learned some different flower techniques, then practiced icing cupcakes! I was really excited to learn how to swirl cupcakes!! We also learned how to fill cupcakes. I probably could use some practice. When I finally cut into one of mine, it was pretty skimpy on the filling.
Next week we are making a another cake and learning to do the roses...we will see how they turn out!
4 comments:
So cute and everything looks so yummy!! You can share all your yummy treats whenever you want!
Ooooh, fun!!! They look delicious. Yummm . . .
They look great and sounds like fun! I've always wanted to take one too. I might need to ask you how to do the cupcake swirl I've always wanted to know how to do that and which tip!
They all look so yummy. How fun to take a class. I hope you are doing great. We miss you.
Post a Comment