Monday, September 28, 2009

Our City Bird

Many of you have heard that there is a city bird for our town...The dreaded Mosquito. It is joked that these nasty creatures can become the size of small birds on our city :( Today I was pulling my hair up in a pony tail and brushed my neck...it sorta itched. I assumed it was from my hair brushing on my neck as I pulled it up. Then I noticed a gigantic one of these on our bathroom counter (warning...may be graphic for the unfamiliar...)


The one in my bathroom looked slightly more swollen with blood. So swollen in fact, that it couldn't even get its fat belly off the counter to fly away when Cam tried to kill it. Cam successfully smashed it. When he did, blood squirted all over. The tissue he used was covered in blood. We thought...which one of us did it just feed off of. Cam was checking his legs when I remembered the itch on my neck. Sure enough...I looked in the mirror and saw the nasty welt. It was already the size of a dime!!! So if you see me in the next few days...NO - It is NOT a HICKY...It is a MOSQUITO BITE .... GRRR!!

6 comments:

Kacie said...

I hate mosquitos. Braxton got bit on his face today! Hopefully they go away soon!

Hilary and Brian said...

aww man i hate mosquitos! that stinks i'm sorry!

uniquelynat said...

oh yuck! i'm itching just reading this!!

big_smartmouth said...

all i've got to say is...

EW! EW! EW!!!

Michael and Jessica Terry said...

Ha dang that sucks i hate bugs and getting bite is not fun. It was so fun seeing you the other night, and i am so excited for this weekend, it should be tons of fun and hopefully alot warmer then logan!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

i think we are lucky here because i haven't even seen one yet! so gross! it was so fun to see you last weekend! hopefully next time my hubby will let me in on the plan so i can actually be there. :)