Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3rd Stop... TALCA and Siete Tazas

For our third stop we drove to Talca, Chile. It is about 3 hours south of Santiago. The drive was so beautiful. We got to our hotel late and had a nice dinner for my birthday. Camron even got the waiter to sing to me! The next morning we woke up and went to Siete Tazas. It is up in the mountains and there are some beautiful waterfalls. One you could only see from far away, but the others ones you could hike right down to them. The Siete Tazas or "seven cups", is a series of falls that poor in to seven big pools. One our hike into them I almost grabbed a furry little friend. There was a tarantula right where I was going to put my hand! I freaked out and ran about 30 feet up the trail!

We had a great time enjoying the beauty and attempting to swim in the freezing water!

1 comment:

Cathy Hanna said...

I love all your pictures and slide shows. I am glad you got to go to Chile. We loved having you home for Christmas. It was wonderful!