

The last few weeks have been difficult and emotional. My Grandpa Forbes's health has been slowly declining the last few months - the last month especially. I have been to see him a few times in the last month and each time he looked more fragile. A week and a half ago, he fell and hit his head. It took them over a day to convince him to let them take him to the hospital. He had bleeding on his brain. With all of his other health complications right now, he wasn't able to make a full recovery.
Last Monday they decided to let him return to his own home with home health care and hospice services. I was able to be there when he got home and have a few special moments with him. Then on Wednesday night he passed away.
My lesson I taught in church on Sunday was on Eternal Families. Our Young Women activity on Tuesday was on Temples. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever. My Grandpa and Grandma Forbes are such special people. I am so grateful they have been part of my life.
I will miss hearing my Grandpa's stories. I will miss his endless teasing. He was such a kind and gentle man. He will be greatly missed. We love him so much.
His obituary and a beautiful photo of him are available here
5 comments:
Beautiful post Stacy! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
What a blessing to have had such a wonderful man to look up to in your life! My prayers are with your family.
I'm so sorry for your loss Stacy! Isn't the gospel such a blessing!? I love the peace it brings.
Im sorry to hear about your grandpa, it so wonderful to have the knowledge of eternal families, and the comfort it brings. You will be in our prayers ;)
what a blessing the gospel is and to have those sweet memories. prayers to you and your family.
Post a Comment