Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Beginning

I always liked to be active...but i never really enjoyed running - Until this year. We were moving around a lot and I didn't want to keep paying to sign up at different gyms. So, I started running. It started out with just 2, MAYBE 3 miles, 3x a week. When I went home in July, I decided to run the 4th of July 5k. (that's the longest distance I had ever run). When we got home in September I decided to keep running outside. I convinced my neighbor to do a Mud Run with me (5k through a muddy obstacle course). It was WAY out of her comfort zone...so she asked me to train for a 10k with her- WAY out of my comfort zone. However, I took on the challenge and slowly began training to run a 10k.

This weekend I did it!! I ran the First Dam 10k. My main goal was just to finish :) I was able to finish and keep my regular pace the whole run. It was so rewarding. I now have to admit....I finally like to run! I am not fast, I am not the best. But I do enjoy it.

Maybe my next LONG term goal can be a 1/2 Marathon?? ha, we will see!

5 comments:

Hilary and Brian said...

You go girl! That's fun I'm not much of a runner but you should come do the 50 mile bike ride with me and my mom next year!

Chase & Megan said...

wow good job! your amazing;)

{amy k.} said...

that's awesome, good work! i can jog a couple miles, but my body does not like it. what did you find was helpful in adjusting and when did you actually start liking it?

Christy said...

Nice work on your race and keeping your pace! My nerves always mess with mine. :/ That's awesome.

There's a website dailymile.com where you can log your miles as you train and know how many miles you ran by the end of the year and such. Extra motivation!

Adrienne and Darren said...

Way to go!!! I just ran my first 10k and it is so much fun. It is so rewarding!!!I can see why people get addicted and do 1/2 marathons!!!