Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I VOTED!!

I just thought I would share the joys of working in a Jr. High school during Election day.

My sweet autistic student: "Did you vote Ms. Hanna?" (while staring at my 'I voted sticker').
Me: "Yes I voted today"
Student: "Well I hope you voted for Mr. O'Cain." (Student tells me weekly his parents are voting for 'Mr. O'bama.)
Me: "The right of voting means we each get to choose who we vote for"
Student: "I know, but if you voted like my parents then Mr. O'Cain can't win, and our country can't survive. So I hope you voted not for Mr. O'bama."

Today while walking in the hall with an 8th grade student we were seen by his friend...

Friend: "Hey dude, is that your mom?"
Student: "Um, sick no, she's too hot to be my mom."
Me: saying nothing while trying not to laugh.
Friend: "Well, is she your girl friend then?"
Student: "Um, sick no, doesn't she look to old to be my girlfriend?"

What joys to work in a jr. high!!

4 comments:

Kacie said...

That is so funny! Kids are crazy! I remember one day when I was teaching in 6th grade I left my phone out on accident after lunch one day and then went to go make copies and the students had gotten my phone and used it to send texts to themselves so that they had my number if they wanted to call. I had to remind the boys that they CANNOT call me under any circumstances! It is so crazy to work with jr. high kids!

Amy and Clint said...

Hey! You were right about blogging being addicting. It totally is. I had to make myself stop. It's been awhile since I updated mine. I can't find the camera charger. Anyway, I love my job down here. I was hired as rehad, but they switched me to inpatient, so I got what I wanted. It's fun to be in a big city hospital. There are a ton of crazy people who come in. Your house is beautiful! How are your jobs going? Are you getting enough hours and do you like them?

Amy and Clint said...

Oh, and how long did it take to potty train Max? I want a dog, but not one that pees on my floor

Heidi Miller said...

Stacey,
I was so excited to see you commented on our blog. I was just thinking about you the other day. It looks like you guys have alot going and are doing great. Are you guys going out again next summer? Where to? We should make it so we are in the same city (he, he). Anyway your dog is cute!