After I let the texturing dry, I prepped the room to prime and paint!! And with my poor planning (or just bad luck) I ran out of tape with only a small spot left to tape off. I had to make a last minute run to Home Depot for more tape. Then came the real fun....Priming. When you add raw joint compound to the wall, you have to Prime first. This joyous step took eight hours (and one more last minute trip to Home Depot for one more quart of Primer). I was one sore woman after.


Then I finally got to paint!! Luckily, for my sanity, the painting only took about 3 1/2 hours. A lot of my time was spent moving the ladder since the walls are so tall.
Now I only have two more steps to go in my massive renovation...Stain the wall and DECORATE! I haven't even got the stain up yet, and I already love the texture. It looks great!




Then I finally got to paint!! Luckily, for my sanity, the painting only took about 3 1/2 hours. A lot of my time was spent moving the ladder since the walls are so tall.
Now I only have two more steps to go in my massive renovation...Stain the wall and DECORATE! I haven't even got the stain up yet, and I already love the texture. It looks great!
5 comments:
It looks awesome already, good job! I am excited to see it when it is all done!
Your right, just the texture and paint have already added alot. I am excited to see your pictures of the finished project, It will add so much warmth to your hallway. I hate white walls, color is always better!! I am impressed that you are doing it by yourself-good job!!
it looks amazing!!
wow you are amazing! Ha I don't think I could ever do that! You wanna come do my house next?
Wow Stacy you are always doing a project and it looks great. Can't wait to see it. You'll have to tell me all the process. I would love to do something like that in our bedroom.
Post a Comment