Monday, July 14, 2008
BIRD MOM
So this morning when I went to take the trash to the dumpster, I stumbled upon two very helpless very lost little birdies. At first, I thought they were dead mice....then when I got close I realized they were birds. I was very sad for the two birds (they looked dead). I got the nerve to slightly bend over them and realized they were still breathing. They were cuddled up next to each other and managed to survive in the middle of the street. Despite effort, the nest or momma bird was nowhere to be found. I eventually called my dad to find out how to help the birds. I now have the two birds snuggled next to a warm water bottle in a shoe box covered with warm wash clothes. I have been feeding them with a syringe. As ugly as they are...they start to grow on you. Anyways our little neighbor saw the birds and asked, "So, are you like a bird mom now?" I had to laugh!! Hopefully the little guys keep fighting and make a strong recovery!!








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ohhh stacy! that is the saddest, sweetest thing! i saw some blue broken eggs the other day and almost started crying. i love that you have such a big heart and will take such good care of them!
I bet mom wigged out when she saw these pictures. Maybe in real life they are more cuddly looking, but from a distance they sure are ugly!! Did you find out what type of bird they are? I do wish them the best... what does max think of them?
so cute! way to be such a cute little mommy!
It is so cool that you saved the baby birds. Darren told me the story in the OR. It really helped. Congratulations to Max on graduating. He is so cute in his hat.
That is so SWEET! You saving those tiny birds gave me the chills. When you and Camron have kids someday you will be a great mom!
Post a Comment