Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July

Fourth of July!!

So many of you know that we were in Virginia last summer as well. We attempted to make it to Washington DC for the fourth of July, however tornado warnings, 2 hours of pouring rain, and too long of a drive for the guys led to us not staying in DC. This year I was determined - rain or shine - to make it to DC. About 15 other wives and myself loaded up in the afternoon and headed towards DC. Unfortunately it was already raining. :( But we were determined. Lucky for us it cleared up right as we got off the metro. We found a big grassy spot for all of us and spread out the blankets. After about an hour the sun was poking through the clouds and we thought we were good to go...but, not so lucky. It began to rain again!! We made an umbrella canopy and huddle in the rain. The kids loved it and it truly was a memorable experience! After the rain passed it was a great evening and there was a light sprinkle during the fireworks. There was just something magical about being in the Nation's Capital on the 4th of July.

There was a concert up on the capitol under the white tents in the background. We all walked up and over to go see it, but the fireworks were at the other end of the grass, so we stayed down by the Washington Memorial.


There were so many people to watch it was fun!!

This is our canopy of umbrellas to try and stay dry...it actually worked for the most part!! The kids thought it was the funniest thing ever.



The boys showed up right at dusk, about twenty minutes before the fireworks started!! It was so fun to have them there.


So I am no professional! That is for sure...but It looks cool to see the Washington with the fireworks behind it. It was a gorgeous sight!


Oh yeah, here is a picture of Max and his girlfriend Journee. Our friends Cache and Megan got her last week. I think she is eight weeks old now. Her and Max love each other and play almost every day!
Max looks like a huge monster now compared to her small body!!

11 comments:

Adam and Dantzelle said...

It does look magical! Now I am sad that we didn't go! Next time I am getting my way! haha But I really think that going to Kings Dominion made Adams choice easy. sad :( But I'll put that on my list of things to do! and I think we or someone has fireworks left that I am sure will want to light them up! and yes I am also very glad that we went on a great day for Kings Dominion!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

cute pictures! i'll have to steal some since my camera got LOST ON THE METRO!!! (yes, i'm freaking out.) besides that...i'm so glad we went!

Kristen Crandall said...

Fun Pictures Stacy! It would be REALLY cool to be in DC on the birthday of our country. You guys are getting some really cool experiences.

Meg & Cache said...

Look at our babies, they LOVE eachother!! :) You got some way cute pics of DC. That was so fun I'm glad that we went!!

mike and elise said...

Wow, what a blast! That must have been so neat to be in DC for the 4th of July. You guys are really having some amazing experiences!

Adrienne and Darren said...

It sounds like you had a great adventure. You got some beautiful pictures, and max and his girlfriend are so cute

Lindsay and Tyler Kohler said...

That is so cool that you guys were there on the 4th. A part of me wishes we would have gone. That is so good you guys didn't get rained on the whole time and the umbrella canopy actually looked fun! Journee and Max are so cute together. Too bad Keesha is so out of control with other dogs or else I would bring her over to play as well...

Ty and Whit said...

Oh the canopy umbrella looks funny!! I'm glad I wasn't there with Easton during that! The fireworks were awesome though!!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

it must be working now? i see the background. looks cute!

Adrienne and Darren said...

Your new background is so cute.

{amy k.} said...

DC is great during the 4th isn't it? I was there last year- got soaking wet, but had a blast! Looks like you guys had lots of fun too!