Friday, May 1, 2009

Going ^up^ ???

Our new apartments remind me more of a hotel then apartments. We have these fancy lobbies you walk into, and then you take an elevator up to your floor. Seems pretty cool huh?? Well, not when you have gotten stuck in them TWICE!!! Two days ago I was getting in to go up and the elevator would go up a little and drop....up and drop...up and drop...this continued for two minutes with me and max inside!! Finally the doors opened and I honestly had no idea which floor they would open up to. lo and behold, we were still at the lobby!! Well, we got out and took the stairs.

The elevator doors remained open and it wasn't working the next day. Then it started working again. Naturally, I figured someone had come and solved the problems. So tonight I get in the faulty elevator again....only this time to go down...we were almost the lobby when....we dropped!!

Needless to say...we may be taking the stairs for awhile!!

7 comments:

big_smartmouth said...

oh my gosh, i don't know who would've freaked out more; me or lucy! yes, it seems like there is a lot of little things wrong with these buildings (our ac/heat has a mind of it's own. it's either freezing or roasting and we have no clue how to fix it!) anyway, the stairs sound like wise choice (warning: it smells in the stairwells!)

~*Summers Family Fun*~ said...

Oh man that is scary. My friend was stuck in a hospital's elevator for about an hour once. Since then I always worry a little bit. Well, hopefully they fix it for you soon so you don't have to carry groceries or anything heavy up the stairs. Have a good week!

Kristen Crandall said...

What floor do you live on? I think the stairs sound like a great plan...just think of the buns and thighs you'd have!

mike and elise said...

Wow, that's scary. Reminds me a little of the elevator in Mazatlan . . . remember? Stay safe! :)

Adrienne and Darren said...

I can't believe you got stuck in the elevators. I would have freaked out. I guess I will make sure I always have my cell on me. By the way. I LOVED your shoes today. They were awesome.

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

i'm so glad that hasn't happened to us!! i think we use a different elevator than you. (i hope?!)

Lindsay and Tyler Kohler said...

ha ha, that is so funny. I would be freaking out if that happened, i don't think I would take the elevator for the rest of the summer