Friday, June 19, 2009

Old Fashioned, Lame, and Disappointed

Those are the three words that kept running through my mind this morning. Several of the wives out here have been looking forward to release of the movie "The Proposal". It looked adorable from the previews and of course it had Sandra Bullock!! We had already planned to go and I was really looking forward to it. FORTUNATELY, before I went, I thought I would check out the ratings on a website my brother-in-law found called
Kids In Mind
.
They break it down into three groups...sex and nudity, violence, and profanity. Normally PG-13 movies are 6 and lower on a scale of 1 -10. I was shocked when I got on the website and The Proposal had a 7 in sex and nudity. It then gives brief descriptions of why they rank it that way. Well just a few include; front, nude view of woman, man and woman shown nude lying on top of each other, and very explicit dancing. Unfortunately, This website has always been very accurate in the past.

Please tell me I am not the only one that is Old Fashioned, Lame and Disappointed when I find out they show this kind of stuff in a PG-13 movie. Well, I thought I would give a heads up for any one wanting to see the movie...at least you can know what is in it before you go!

10 comments:

Kacie said...

That's gay! Why can't they make good movies like they used to? It seems like they just throw in completely random sex stuff just because they can it is lame.

Foster Mom said...

so did you see it?

Cathy Hanna said...

The commercials did look cute, it is so good that you check, you just about have to check on everything before you go to see a movie anymore. It was great to talk to you this morning, I do miss everyone, even Max

Candace said...

That is such a bummer! I love Sandra Bullock and she usually does such good movies! Guess we're gonna have to find a kids show to go see!

D Bulloch said...

Ya I heard the same stuff. Movie looked really cute so im a little sad

Michael and Jessica Terry said...

Oh my goodness i loved loved the movie, it was so funny.There is only one scene with nudity,other then that its great. I am way glad i went and saw it

Crafty Cowgirl said...

u will have to just get an edited version cuz it was WAY good! Clean story line, no sex and WAY FUNNY!

{amy k.} said...

That website is awesome- we've used it lots of times.

But you're not the only one. I saw Bride Wars and thought it was cute but was really surprised it was rated G! That's the old fashioned coming out in me I guess! :)

mike and elise said...

Boooooo...I was really looking forward to that movie!! Dangit!

big_smartmouth said...

to each their own, i guess. i thought it was super cute. as for the website, it's not very accurate for me. i mean, they gave this a 7, but they gave "about shmidt", a rated r movie, which shows the whole front side of a naked woman, a 6. but, again, if reading the scenes makes you feel uncomfortable, you'd be smart not to go. good for you!